Monday, October 30, 2006

Satyr revisted

Most often, when a goal comes to fruition, or an anticipated event has passed, I am overtaken by a sense of melancholy depression. Who would have thought? Well, the exception has taken place. Halloween was wonderful. No, my body did not look like I fantasized that it would, and my back hurt from how much I sucked in my stomach, but I fulfilled what I promised myself a year ago: I was daring and half naked for Halloween! JS and TB’s Fairytale themed party was a complete blast. I had so much fun, even if I was a nervous wreck over my costume! It was a near perfect day. End scene.
This is where depression usually has its reservations, however, not so this year. The following day was just as great as the actual holiday. For two good reasons. One, friends. Second, Food!!!!!! I ate and ate and ate and ate!!! It was reward day for fulfilling my goal. I ate enough to last a week. The diet is back on today, but wow, the hedonistic values of yesterday will sustain me for quite awhile!
Nothing huge or life moving to say today, but I had to draw the Satyr extravaganza to a close.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun and made it to your goal!! Sounds likek you earned your meal yesterday.
None of your comments are posted now?? I only write them for you... but just was curious.

Anonymous said...

Brandon!!! haha, love this blog, glad you had such a great weekend - I had a blast spending time with you and thanks for coming for breakfast burritos! You looked so hot in your costume... let's trade bodies for a day! :-D