Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Realization of Me

Question:
Who am I?

Answer:
Polygamist.
Lover of Bestiality. “Oh, baby! Baaaaa!”
Pedophile.
Conspiracy Leader.
Terrorist of Families.

Janet Rowland - Republican Candidate for Colorado Lieutenant Governor
"Homosexuality is an alternative lifestyle. That doesn't make it a marriage. Some people have group sex. Should we allow two men and three women to marry? Should we allow polygamy with one man and five wives? For some, bestiality is an alternative lifestyle. Do we allow a man to marry a sheep? At some point, we have to draw a line."
March 17 Colorado State of Mind Rocky Mountain PBS public affairs show about the gay-marriage issue

Rick Santorum
“In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality.”
AP interview

James Dobson
"Dear Friends, I write to you today with a profound sense of concern...Barring a miracle, the family as it has been known for more than five millennia will crumble, presaging the fall of Western civilization itself....
For more than 40 years, the homosexual activist movement has sought to implement a master plan that has had as its centerpiece the utter destruction of the family."
in a July 2004 letter to supporters

(I stole the above three quotes from a news article on Connexion.org.)

It is one thing to hear people debate with passion and vehemence whether I should be allowed to one day marry the man I love. It hurts. It causes anger. It causes a feeling of helplessness. It causes me pity, yet understanding. I understand how and why some people have questions of the correctness of gay marriage. I may not agree with them in the slightest, but I can step into their shoes and see either their concern or their fear.

It is quite a different issue to know that, to SOME people, the very essence of my being defines me as vile, corrupt, evil, dangerous, demented, sick, perverted, abomination, malicious, parasitic and infectious.

Most of the time, I can shrug it off and roll my eyes and tell myself they don’t know me, they are not really talking about me, it’s nothing really personal. But it hit me tonight, reading these quotes, they don’t know me, but they are talking about me. They are saying these things about ME! Seriously? Me? And about many of the people that I love? Me loving a man is equal to fucking a dog or sheep? Me always knowing that I have been attracted to men is equal to molesting a child? Me wanting to have a wedding (not a damned civil ceremony) is equal to me plotting the demise and annihilation of straight families? Did I not come from a straight family? Are not some of my dearest friends straight—along with their wives and children? Well, tonight, it is personal. Tonight, they are talking about me and others that I love. Tonight, they are talking about people you know, people you love, people in your family, maybe they are even talking about you! It is fucking personal! And as childish and pathetically weak as this sounds, it hurts me. It hurts my feelings. It makes me cry. It attempts to strip away the good aspects of who I am (and the good of others) and turn me into a monster, something less than human, something evil.

Question:
Who is the monster?

Question:
Who are you?

1 comment:

xSianyxBabyx said...

Hey.

You know, I have looked through hundreds of blogs. Alot of them are foreign and I cannot read them. Some are just plain boring...I couldn't give a fiddlers fart about someone's opinion on how intelligent their goldfish is. I don't care much for most of them.

Yours was different. I laughed at your posts. I instantly admired your humour and honesty. You caught my eye for being a funny, down-to-earth guy with a sharp wit and the right amount of compassion.
I am thoroughly ashamed that
you are still being restricted because of your sexuality. I'm sorry that ignorant fucking bigots have brought you down. And I wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better. But there isn't. Christ...I don't even know you!

But let me tell you this. Out of God knows how many people you jumped out at me. You make me laugh, you have honesty and pride, ambition and determination and those are great qualities.

I think you are a good guy. And you would make a great husband. I hope that one day I am sat here reading about your wedding.