Sunday, September 16, 2007

Upcoming Events

So, as I may or may not have mentioned (I honestly don’t remember) when The Big Break-Up (you may have heard of it. . .) happened in July of 2006 (which was why I started this blog), I sat down and wrote a couple hundred page book (put in book form it would have been nearly four hundred pages). I chronicled each factor of my relationship that had just ended. Interwoven were aspects and stories and diatribes of me growing up, past relationships, and my current (postmarked ’06) views of the world. It was a huge labor of love and self-therapy. It greatly helped me grasp some truths about why my relationship ended, and even more so, gave me closure and clarity on some of the things that happened when I was growing up. I am never going to publish the book, there are too many details that should stay between the people involved in that relationship, but there are certain stories that I told from my past that for some reason I still want to share. Most, of course, focus on the sad or angry times in my past (since that was the space I was in when I was writing the book—you may remember some of those from the blog as well), so please don’t think these stories are the only ones I have from childhood, but they do make for better writing. Pain begets art. All the stories are completely true, however, I changed people’s names when I wrote the book, and I will keep those changes for the blog. I will intersperse these stories and thoughts throughout my blog over the next while. Partly because I don’t have time to blog as much any more, and partly because I feel a need to revisit some of the things I wrote back then, they have been on my mind lately. Maybe for a reason. We will see. I will start with a short one. A happy one. One of my favorite memories. And then my first memory. Those of you who know me will laugh. Those of you who don’t, may find it rather sad/disturbing…

No comments: