Monday, December 25, 2006

Waiting for my Christmas elf......

Christmas day and I cried. Now, this is nothing new. It has been the theme of 2006. However, these tears were different. They were shed over the love shared between a pig and a spider. Yeah, my family and I went to see “Charlotte’s Web,” and yeah, I cried. Death is sad, even a spider’s, well, at least this one’s death was sad. I spent all day with my family and all four of our dogs. Truly a great day. Wonderful, actually. Diet starts tomorrow. Woop woop! Shit, I really did just say, woop, woop, didn’t I? The end is coming soon.
One of the things I have looked forward to all year was getting to make love in front of the fire place, by the Christmas tree. Probably a strange, irreverent desire, but still… Obviously, that didn’t happen. Maybe next year, or the next decade. Somewhere in there.
I just found out about ten minutes ago, that the plans I have for New Year’s Eve in Telluride fell through. A bunch of us where going up there and stay for a few days. It was going to be a blast. Unfortunately, I just discovered that there will be four cats in attendance as well. As they tend to make my eyes and throat swell up, and breathing cease, I decided it may not be the best way to bring in the New Year. I believe I have mentioned my birthday curse. Well, there is also one on New Year’s Eve. Not as bad, but still, not good. I thought this year was going to be a change. I knew it would be hard as I would not be kissing the boy I love (who, I realized this week is never coming back—I thought I already had experienced that revelation, apparently not), but I would be surrounded by several of my boys. So, now I am not sure what the plan will be. Maybe there will be other enjoyable plans, maybe not. Either way, I am fairly certain 2007 will enter into existence and begin the ongoing rush towards the next Christmas… with all the joys and hurts in between.
I do have to say, though, I am fully aware at the moment how charmed my life truly is. I have a Mother, Father, and Brother that I not only love, but enjoy being with. I have two phenomenal dogs who I fall deeper in love with every day. I have amazing friends. A lovely house. I have experienced love I never dreamed possible. Laughter and food still exists. And, re-mastered “The Little Mermaid” DVD is still on my DVD shelf waiting for me to pop it in and worship at any time. Damn! Life is good! Praise Jesus!!! (and, no, I don’t mean that sarcastically, so fuck off! ;) )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a heart of gold and you are not afraid to bare your soul. That is a hard thing to find in a man these days. Any man would be lucky to have you next to him and to be able to share in your love. You are extremely attractive and whom ever you pick for next christmas in front of the fire is a very lucky man.