Monday, January 01, 2007

winds of change are a-blowin

First blog of 2007…
Here is my list of 632 resolutions for the New Year. Oh, wait. I don’t do that. Resolutions are for people who have things to change, imperfections. So not me. However, I am looking forward to this year. As I mentioned previously, one of the few superstitious things I am holding onto (of my own making) is however you bring in the New Year is the theme of how that year will go. Last year was the worst New Year’s Eve of my life, and 2006 ended up being the hardest, most painful, year of my life. Well, good news. Last night was the best New Year’s Eve I have ever had. Ever! TB, JS, SM, TH, and I went to dinner (Mexican food [grease and cheese]), went to JR’s for a bit (first time in six months) and then TH and I went off to a party hosted by his straight Montana friends. I had a blast. Getting to have dinner with four of my beautiful most dearest (yes, yes, improper grammar, you know you love it) friends in the world—we were rather quiet and reserved, but still, just the simple fact of being together (quiet and reserved went out the window as TH and I taught the straight people to dance gay ;) ). Maybe this year will be the best year yet. We will see…
Today, I have been able to label an ache of something specific I have been missing, that I wasn’t really aware of. Sleeping next to someone I love, having their arm laid over my chest, hearing them breathing/snoring, simply having their leg resting against mine. What is that? What is so wonderful about that? I mean most of the time, you are just sleeping and not even aware of anything and are unconscious and drooling. Yeah, because that’s hot. And, it can’t be with just anyone. It has to be with someone you love and trust, otherwise, it is more a nuisance. With the right person, however, it is near magical, instilling a sense of safety and peace. Maybe I will get this experience again this year…
So, as I said, I am very excited about this year, I have a crap load of hope about it and feel that life may do one of those never-ending revolutions that flip everything upside down and allow life to begin anew, emerging yet again from the chrysalis that leads to beauty.
Randomness…
On the way to Diedrich to blog a bit ago, I was listening to one of my Christian music radio stations and the ever glorious and efflorescent James Dobson’s countenance flooded into my car and begin to speak his words of enlightened, progressive message to the wives of the world, of which I have yet to become. He was speaking to them of the chemical reaction that hinders men un-responsible for their natural attraction to a beautiful woman and explains why they are not physically capable of not turning their eyes to the observing of her. He does say that the man is responsible for what he chooses to do with what he sees and keep his heart from lust, etc. I couldn’t help but chuckle (and then curse him a little in my head). I know the Bible speaks of no such chemical, and yet that seems not to bother Brother Dobson. He was throwing around the chemical excuse freely with abandon. Aren’t their scientists who are proving the existence of chemical, DNA, and other such things of which I know nothing of, supporting the homosexual attraction on a very primary basic level? Stupid Faggots! Quit lusting after Ricky Martin’s lips, and wives rest assured that your husband is fully and chemically functional whenever he ogles over the next set of size D breasts the bounce into the room. Just the way God designed those magical chemicals to have him respond.
Oh, and Happy New Year! May it be a year of experiencing the large and small joys of life and love in each of our lives, deepening the connection of our hearts to God, and holding each other close during the times of hurt, pain, and loneliness. Again, I am blown away by all the blessing and examples of mercy and love God provides in the forms of outstanding people (and dogs) in my life.

No comments: