Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tale of Two Testicles

Yesterday was an emotional day for the Witt family. At least for the gay portion of the Witt family. Dolan, my youngest, having reached the ripe old age of six months, entered the realm of manhood, and was quickly removed from it. That’s right, he got neutered. I know this is very un-masculine for me to say, but I am glad. It completely grosses me out to see ball’s (de perro) flopping around. I know, go figure. When I was a kid, we had a dog die while under anesthesia, so I was a little nervous. Even got a little teary while dropping him off at the veterinary office. I then went off to get even more teary, but that is in the next paragraph. Well, my little guy pulled through and I went to pick him up eight hours later. They told me that he would most likely be sore and lethargic most of the evening, so not to be concerned with such behavior. They went back to get him and he trotted right out to me (I am not so sure I would be as welcoming to the one who paid to have my balls removed—nearly $400, btw, crazy!), rolled on his back and waited for me to scratch his tummy. As I obliged this request, Dolan glanced over his left shoulder and saw the huge, 150 lb. Great Dane waiting quietly for her turn into the office. Dolan began to growl and bark a challenge immediately. Apparently, he now has something to prove. When, we arrived home, I told Dunkyn to give Dolan his space. Dolan flew through the front doors, leapt skyward, and landed on Dunkyn’s head, his teeth sinking into Dunkyn’s fur for a better grip. Though we now have one less pair of balls, it seems things are caring on as per normal in the Witt household.
As previously mentioned in the afore paragraph, in the midst of Dolan’s doggy drama (I love alliteration), I went off to create some drama of my own. I have been dating a boy for the past couple weeks. Not dating as in relationship, marriage, or even sex, but dating. However, the dates have been getting more and more frequent and the kissing better by the second. Cuddling ain’t bad either. However, Brandon likes to freak out if everything is not exactly spelled out and in order. While I already deeply care about this person (it has been a long time since someone has made me laugh so much), I am not ready for a relationship, nor do I want to be in one. Date around, fine. Stay single, fine. Date steady and feel like I am entering into a relationship, not fine. Thus, I went to have this conversation with the boy. He handled it well. I got teary. We decided to walk away with things as they are, before either gets hurt as it seems it most surely will lead in this case (due to my choices, not his). After this decision, he spent the night at my place yet again. So much for clarity.
I am staying fairly vague intentionally, and not giving much detail (although it seems I have to clarify the word vague for some reason), as this is not 100% mine to share. Even so, I wish I could simply turn off my mind, let things happen, enjoy them—even when I know they are only for the moment—and continue loving life. This, it seems is something I may have to return to the halls of ‘higher education’ for after I complete this masters degree. Won’t that be fun?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey B! I'm so glad you've begun dating again. I know it was a long road to get to the point where ya could. It's good you are able to communicate your honest feelings with him and not shutting your mind down and letting things be. It might be more comfy at the time, but in the long run it's better cuz no one's getting led on. Love you!