Friday, March 09, 2007

Through the Dirt

Matted black and Grey
Death pulled and stripped Away
Sticks and thorns pierce my Skin
Sacrifice made to reveal life Within

Tender shoots of vibrant Green
Tiniest buds form under fuzzy Velveteen
Colors proclaim winter’s Death
Suggestion of renewal for all the Rest

Four seasons ago, kneeling at this Bed
You, standing at my side, stroking my Head
Our love, new as the Spring
Hosts of questions of what our futures may Bring

You spoke words that shot my heart with Fear
Ushered in our first fight, the first Tear
Clarification made in Haste
In your arms, I found assurance’s Taste

Though our love would not see summer’s Sun
Conception you planted in my heart only Begun
Buds into blooms, shoots in to Leaves
Months passed weighing me to my Knees

The same flora I bend to Reveal
Only a year added to this life I Steal
You in my heart though not by my Side
A new me begins to bloom, eyes open Wide

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More beautiful poetry. I don't know what to say besides that was very powerfully emotive. I love ya B.