Friday, October 12, 2007

blabbing

It’s Friday. It is 10:37 AM. I am not teaching! There are not even any children in sight. Alternate universe? Went on welfare? Called in sick? Nope. We have a comp day since we had parent teacher conferences the past couple nights until 8PM. It is wonderful. I am at my coffee shop. It has been so long, that they have completely redecorated (just in case people thought it was a straight coffee shop)—they painted the walls chocolate brown, so of course, I am in heaven. And, I am typing on my new MacBook. My Toshiba broke, and the Microsoft world tried to rape me. Don’t even ask. Therefore, Mac. So far, so good. I am not sure how to right click yet, so I am a little lost, but what the hell. I feel twelve times smarter, edgy, and urban cool. All I need to do is loose about a hundred pounds (or gain three hundred), read anarchical literature, quit bathing, and I will be able to really join the club. I think I might even get a sticker to put on the top of my white computer. You know, something dark, something manly, and earthy. Probably a mermaid of some sort.
I am very excited, it is almost November first. I have been waiting for months for this. Chad is anxiously anticipating getting to see his boyfriend in his true state of being. I have been preparing him for this time since we started dating (soon to be ten months—feels like five years, or two weeks). Of course I am talking about the annual tradition of setting up the Christmas tree on the first weekend in November. I have never had anyone special during this time of year, at least no one I really wanted to be with who would also help decorate and be willing to start watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas carols. It will be so fun to be able to have the man I love by my side as the tree takes shape and have him add his own touches to the décor (swiftly to be changed when he isn’t looking, of course). I can not wait to determine what color theme of wrapping paper I will finally settle on. I have been debating for quite some time, and I still am not sure. Part of me is leaning to butcher paper and string, but not sure. Maybe red and silver. Unfortunately, there will not be as many gifts under the tree this year, as I have never been quite so broke before. Of which, this MacBook did not help the situation any. Not that gifts are the meaning of Christmas, but I will severely miss the wrapping. I might have to pick out household items and wrap them up, just to satiate the craving.
I do plan on enjoying Halloween though. JS always throws the best parties. I have not decided what I am going to be this year. It is a little bittersweet, as last year I was in the best shape of my life, and didn’t really realize it at the time. However, looking back on the pictures, I must say. Damn, I was sexy. Unfortunately, thirty-five pounds tends to limit the amount of whorish costuming. Well, for some people it apparently doesn’t, but, nevertheless, it should. Halloween is so much more fun as an adult than it ever was as a child. Plus I am now strong enough to incapacitate any fool who may come at me with a mask on. That helps. (side note: fall is so wonderful. i am looking around in the coffee shop and people that would normally not be attractive look so nice in their earthy tones, layers, and varying textures. especially in the gay world. so many assume less is more. well, that may be true, however they should also remember that about their bodies—less is more)
Well, I really did not have anything to rant and rave about, simply wanted to ramble out into the universe. While I have missed my normal blogging activities, it has been nice to sort back through past experiences and thoughts that I captured in my book a year ago. Apparently, I am addicted to therapy, in all of its forms. So, until next time…..

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Brandon, I just can't approve of your lifestyle choices. I mean, honestly, an Apple?

Brandon said...

Aw, Chris, that was the hardest I have laughed today. thanks.