Friday, February 23, 2007

Gemini

I wish for the sun
Wait for its warming touch
Long for the clarity it brings
Then it arrives

I fantasize about moon
Of glitter of the stars
The romance it may bring
It shows its pearly face

I miss the sun

I dream of owning a home
Painting the colors that cheer
Creating my own little universe
I sign on the dotted line

I want to see the world
Leave everything behind
See things I never dreamed
Arriving on a foreign land

I ache for the safety of home

I envision his arms enfolding me at night
Feel his lips upon mine
Practice vows and promises
His eyes looking into mine

I am desperate for freedom
To live my life for me
Have my cake and eat it to
I am strong, capable, independent

I beseech for the man with to share my life

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blog Brandon. I absolutely loved this poem! You have a way with words.

XOXO
Ginny

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, Brandon... just like its creator...

Anonymous said...

I relate to this poem so much. Beautifully written :) *hugs*