Sunday, February 25, 2007

the luncheon

this time, when i see you
i won’t long to hold your hand
my lips won’t remember yours
your eyes won’t call out to mine
pounding won’t overtake my heart

this time, when i see you
i’ll realize you’re not the man i thought
clarity will show that i am better off
your flaws will dim your shine
my tears will cease their flow

this time, when i see you
i’ll wish i were with someone else
you won’t be the man of my dreams
my reminiscence of you will prove faulty
normalcy will be your crest, nothing more

this time, when i saw you
you proved to be the man i knew you to be
my soul once again felt safe, at peace
your eyes looked into mine, didn’t want to leave
you walked away, my heart cracked, again

maybe next time…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh B, my heart aches for you. I wish I had words to offer comfort, but they just won't come. My love to you.