Friday, February 02, 2007

update (xs)

I have been writing a lot on my book. It is going slow, only on page thirty (that would be a little over fifty in book size), but I truly am in love with my characters. I hope that it shows through. That is always why I love a book, you can always tell if the author cared about the characters, or if they were just a way to tell a story. In fact, I worry that I rely too much on my characters and not enough on the story itself. Either way, I am enjoying, although it is hard for me to spend time writing papers for school. I have a lot of fear around it as well. Every time I start to sit down to write, I nearly put the computer away and do something else. It seems overwhelming, impossible. Then, I get a line or two out and it starts to flow. Like molasses, but still.
The tattoos are on hold. I check out the glow-in-the dark ones, and they suck. So much for technical advances. However, I did get the designs I want for my other tattoos. I even had an appointment to get the one on my right arm/chest started, and then chickened out. I know I want the tattoo, but I am afraid of what a future potential mate might think. I have seen perfectly good people who I would never date, just because of a tattoo. I don’t want to spend my life making love with someone with a skull, claws, or demon staring at me from his skin. No thanks. So, I am doing the thing I am the worst at: exercising my patience.
I have had a thought over the past two days. I know, it is shameful how long it take me to form a single thought at times. I used to pray about everything. EVERYTHING. I actually think it was a little excessive. However, I realized I have not been praying for one of the aspects of my life that I long for the most. A husband. (Wow, I sound desperate. Quack like a duck, look like a duck, waddle like a. . .) Despite my self-proclaimed: I’m Gay, and God still loves me and considers me one of His own, I am afraid to pray for this. I have fear that God will sabotage it and mess things up. You know, because I have done oh so well so far. I never even prayed for my last boyfriend to come back. Afraid he might end up struck by lightning or something. Anyway, I am going to start. Not today, but soon. Surely, God will have better success than I have had…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady, I didn't know you were writing a book? I look forward to reading it.

Sorry for all the crap I've been giving you lately, I love you lots... you know that.

And for the record, I don't think God will strike you down for praying for a husband -- He wants to see you happy, as do I :-)

Anonymous said...

How helpful is this when I don't believe in the Christian God?... Ah well I'll say it anyway. I can't believe in a God that wouldn't know your heart and if he knows your heart how could he wish ill for you... Pray B, pray and pray and don't worry so much.

*hugs*

Danny said...

Hey you ... it's Danny. Love your blog!

And yes, God loves us and wants us to be happy. And who doesn't want love, right?

Anyhoo, I'm no longer on Connexion. Email me sometime -- dannyclarkdc@gmail.com :)

Later!