Friday, November 14, 2008

2008's First Snow

I have been dreading the snow all year. I love it until Christmas, but then want it to be over. (FYI, you should see the Christmas presents under the tree this year—gorgeous. I went monochromatic—shiny red paper with matte red polka dots paired with red ribbon, sigh…) Unfortunately, the snowiest part of the year is January through April. However, when I woke up this morning and drove to work in the very wet, very blustery, hard to see through snow, with my chocolate filled Caribou Coffee and The Host (Stephanie Meyer—Awesome!) blaring through my speakers, the world was made cozy and perfect. Even with all the ridiculous drivers who all of the sudden forgot that we drive in this every year. And to top it off, it’s Friday! And I get to write all night and most of the day on Sunday. Perfect weekend. So very happy. Still nervous about the protest march tomorrow, but excited to be able to take some action, no matter how small.
By the way, I am writing on a new book (science fiction), which will hopefully be a series. The other book is finished, but based on the feedback I received from some of the people who read it, I am putting it on pause until a later date. With this book, I am going to write three or four chapters and then submit for publication. And that is all I am going to say on the subject. I am sure the two people who read this blog regularly are sick of reading about my writing, especially after all the time I spent yabbering about a book I am now not seeking publication for. I still love the book and it saddens me to leave it be. Maybe one day.
Last night, at 9 PM (on a school night, rebel, I know), Chad and I went to see Madagascar 2 at the IMAX. It was hilarious. Fat hippo love. OMG! Also, it was hands down the gayest movie I have ever seen. Made me wish we still had our beloved Jerry Falwell with us so he could kill over. Opps. . . that was rude. You have to see this movie, I was even able to get past the “I Like to Move It, Move It” song which ruined the first movie for me. My brother and I saw with two of our little cousins years ago, and after the movie (for days) they sang that damn song. I am convinced that I can survive any thoughts of attempting suicide after existing through such an experience.
So, and this, hopefully, will be the last time I mention it until I actually have news… say a little prayer for me (yes, the music behind those words was in my head) or send good thoughts, whatever, as I trudge on through my new writing endeavor (starting chapter three tonight), say a big prayer for us tomorrow as we attempt to let our voices be heard in a peaceful, respectful way (pray that it stays that way as well), and know that if you are feeling down, it is best to try to do something nice for someone else. By that I mean, feel free to send me double cheeseburgers from Sonic, or nearly any TV on DVD collection available. Or maybe another Corgi puppy (Chad wants a bulldog, so maybe one of both).

No comments: