Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Number Two--Not that kind, sicko

Today, Connecticut became the second state (currently) to legalize same-sex marriage!   I would love to take more joy in this, but I was joyful about California a couple months ago, and we all know how that turned out.  However, I am very hopeful!

 

In addition, my friend KD sent out a link which I now share with you.  It is of Ken Olberman (?) talking about Prop. 8.  He make some wonderful points, some I had never thought of.  In 1960 something, thirteen states still had laws where whites and black could not marry.  Just sayin’….

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xfMisqab8

 

Also, she sent me a link to this website:

 

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/protect-marriage-protect-children-prohibit-divorce

 

It is to sign a petition to make divorce illegal since it harms the sanctity of marriage.  While I won’t sign it, yet (two wrongs don’t make a right, and I think it would do more harm than good), it makes a very good point.   Just thought I’d share.   

No comments: