Saturday, August 19, 2006

And the Ramblings begin. . .

So, I am doing it. I am copying my friends and setting up a blog. Why? I don't know, really. I think I like to hear myself talk, or see myself type, as the case may be. Should I use this to inform people about every little aspect of my life? Probably not a good idea. I considered using this as my journal, but then some of you would be afraid, so no. And really, who is going to sit down and actually read a lot of this stuff. No one. So, I think what I said first is about as honest as it is going to get. Blogging, for me, will be decadent self-absorption and more than likely very random bits of information and wonderings. At least until I get bored and pre-occupied with other things. Regardless, it will be honest. I am nothing if not honest. Hence the afore mentioned self- absorption, etc. Oh, and I hope to use this opportunity to use a plethora of words such as: Hence, afore, hitherto, and plethora. Let's all clap our hands and cheer in excitement!
So, what to ramble about first? Choices, choices. . . (I like to do that [. . .] a lot too, by the way--you've been warned). I have had a rough day, very emotional. I know right, shocking! About what you may ask? Well, you may ask. I will not tell you. Remember the part of this not being my journal? Well, my journal does know, my blog does not. Anyhow, I just got home from watching "Little Miss Sunshine," with KE and other beautiful people, a movie I was prepared to thoroughly detest. I loved it. I laughed so hard. (Small, minute spoiler alert.) While there were several parts that a person with a fraction of a heart could theoretically cry at, I found myself crying only at one. There is a scene near the middle of the film where the brother, who's dream is to fly planes, etc, realized he is colorblind. Apparently, this a bad thing if you are wanting to be a pilot. Really, the sky is blue. What else do you need to know? However, at this realization, he loses control. Completely. Bashing his head into the window of the van, clawing at the ceiling trying to get out, nearly throwing himself from the vehicle before it even stops; in short, caged crazy animal. Once he frees himself from the van, he runs out into an open field, crashes to his knees and bellows the crushing of his heart at the top of his lungs in pure, unadulterated grief. At this point, the tears are flowing, from me. I have been in that state of being for months. All of the sudden it will overwhelm me and I think I am loosing my mind. A great experience for someone who prides themself in being stable, grounded, and in control. What is that saying about pride again? So, yeah, it is great when you see psychotic people in a film and can say, "Oh, that's me!"
Well, folks, I love to end on a happy note, so there ya go. Love ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I can already tell I've found a new favorite way to waste time at work. Reading Brandon's blog. Thanks, Fitch.