Monday, August 21, 2006

Waisting Time

Today is the first day of classes for the new semester. I need to buy books and complete some assignments for my on-line class. I wanted to do some writing for a project I am undertaking. I needed to drop off my substitute teaching application. What have I done today? NOTHING. I have been on-line for hours. I discovered MySpace. Yes, I know, a little behind the times, pleases feel free to keep your judgmental opinions to yourself. ;) One of the things my summer of hurt and introspection has made me face is that I have completely abandoned amazing people I grew up with, who I loved. Part of that is due to a very busy life, trying to discover my identity and come to grips with who I am, and a huge aspect has been fear of their reaction to learning of my fagottry (love that word). Well, MySpace is fixing that quickly. I found my cousin PC and my dear friend TS. PC and I have known each other since we were both born, and TC since second grade. I am almost giddy with the discovery of these people. While I don't yet know their reaction to who I am today, I am glad I am taking the chance. They are worth it. We all have changed, gone through many hurts, trials, and successes; in some ways, we are all different people than we once were. Don't believe me: go to my space and check out my site. It has a song my cousin recorded--he is amazing!
I have also discovered wasting time. I rarely waste time. I rarely have time to waste. (I don't consider reading books a waste of time, so those of you that know I spend hours pouring over my novels, shh.) I feel a little guilty, but not really. I am slowly coming to terms that life is not meant to be lived rushing to accomplish one thing and then another. Life is also about just living, and breathing, not moving. Strange experience. Give it a shot. And, while you do that, find some of the people you love who you have let slip away or shut out and tell them you love them. Bet they still love you, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i still luv ya. :)
You are an amazing human being..

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, do you consider the three or four hours a night we used to spend watching Buffy DVD's a waste of time? Or how about the previous blog entry which notes Charmed? Wait I just realized this entry is entitled "Waisting time" and it is really all a metaphor for dieting. Never mind.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandon, I just sent you a mail through myspace. I went to school with you and I am only commenting on this particular post for one silly reason... and that is... I'm sure I knew you and PC were cousins at some point but I must have totally forgotten. I have a horrible memory.
But another thing comes to mind now... I'm glad you've gotten over your fear of how people will react to your being a gay man. Maybe this is harsh but if they knew you and liked you before and suddenly discovered this and changed their opinion based on that, then they are not worth your worrying about and their opinions are definitely not worth listening to.
You amaze me with the way you find beauty in life even when you're in the grips of a deep sadness. I wish I had the same talent, but we are all different.
Ok so that's three things. I hope you will get in touch with me through myspace. I'd love to hear from you.

Melissa (Eaton) Ford said...

Awww...the old gang.