Sunday, August 20, 2006

Beauty

This morning, I attended a birthday brunch for one of the people I love the most in the world. He turned thirty-five, my how we are all growing up. There were eight of us in all, I think. Some of them I am very close to, and others I am on the path to getting to know better, but care about a lot, already. My beautiful roommate is on her way over now with pizza in hand, we are going to have a night of watching TV and crying over our heartbreaks, etc. I have had text messages, phone messages, and other contact today from many other people who are so very dear to me. My family came down to help me with moving things out of my garage and pack up school stuff (since I will not be teaching this year). My little brother called and wanted to hang out tomorrow—can’t I start the new semester of grad classes tomorrow. I have had several others whom I love on my mind today and in my prayers. As ever, Dunkyn, my Corgi companion, is by my side. I am struck that even in the midst of turmoil, change, confusion, pain, and upheaval, I am surrounded by the riches that make life so completely irreplaceable. I am so blessed to have such amazing people around me. Things are not always clear and never easy, but I have the best people in world to travel through this life with at my side. I am humbled constantly by these lavish gifts God has allowed me to share in. The meaning of love and example of beauty is always around me in the form of those who have elected to share their lives with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This entry is just not funny enough.