Friday, January 19, 2007

. . . tears for me.

One day you will come
You will wrap me in your arms
Kiss me on the lips
Whisper in my ear
‘I have found him,
The perfect one I can love.’
Glad for you, sad for me.

You’ll look in my eyes
Reminding me of days gone by
‘I wouldn’t be ready’
You will say
‘Had it not been
For my time with you.’
Content for you, heartache for me.

You’ll take me by the hand
Lead me to this lucky man
‘With him, I will share
My ring
My life
My name.’
Rejoice for you, mourn for me.

Your smile will radiate pure joy
And I will remember
The promise I made to you
‘My happiness is yours
I wish only for your peace, your smile’
And I will be
Happy for you. . .

2 comments:

Christopher said...

I'm not much of a poetry fan, but I really like this one. It has something to say, and it says it with cleverness, but not with triteness.

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, clean and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always like browsing your site.

- Norman