Friday, May 14, 2010

whiplash

In true Brandon fashion, everything has once again flipped on its side.
I was sleeping with Dunkyn on the couch. He woke me up when he was having a nightmare. Both of the boys do that a lot. Hopefully that is no reflection of my parenting skills. After waking him up and getting him calmed down, I noticed my phone was flashing. The boy had called. He had just finished listened to some sermons on iTunes (no, I’m not kidding), and said he felt he/we’d been making a mountain out of a molehill. He asked if I’d be ok to spend the weekend with him and see how it goes.
Yes.
Nothing has changed as far as me being clear on all the triggers and in’s and out’s of my psyche and who he is and isn’t. However, I’m thrilled he’ll be here with me. Who knows what that means or where it will or won’t go, but that’s gotta be something.

No comments: