Wednesday, April 27, 2011

gleefully stressed-out rejection

It’s been early twenty-four hours since its airing, and I still haven’t watched the ninety-minute episode of Glee. I know! I can’t believe it either. The fires of Hell are creeping up at an alarming rate. Not only is life difficult from lack of Glee, but it is nearly impossible to check facebook. I never noticed how many updates on Tuesdays and Wednesdays are in direct correlation to the most recent Glee episode. So far, I’ve avoided any major spoilers, although I have gotten a couple Britney one-liners that are going to now be regurgitated.
Yes, this is my hard life. Cry for me, Argentina.
Actually, yesterday was pretty stressful. I spent around four to five hours working on paperwork for the custody battle for my nephew. No pressure there! (After hand-writing eight pages, my hands actually swell. Both of them! I didn’t even write with my left hand!) I remember when it was nothing to go to sleep at one. Today, I feel like I’ve been smashed by a hammer. I’m not even sure I can make it through my recording of Glee waiting patiently at home for me. Yeah, it’s that bad.
Please keep the nephew issue in your thoughts and prayers. If I can only have one miracle, I’ll choose him over publishing any day of the week.
However, in that vein, I paid for a week subscription to an online literary marketplace. It’s supposed to help you find an agent. When I put in gay or gay fantasy in the search engine, tons of agents come up. When I read their bio, they always say NO gay fantasy or simply No gay fiction period. Very helpful. Money well spent. I submitted to two that actually said they were interested in gay literature. I heard back from one the very next day! At least her No was prompt.
Bitch.
Such a gracious loser, aren’t I?
The past couple of days, my blog counter has shown over one hundred people a day reading the blog. (Yeah, I don’t get it either.) If each of you would buy a book, that’d be great, or at least read it for free on the Refiner blog then write a stunning review on Amazon. That’d be really helpful. Thanks! If you don’t feel up to it, don’t stress. I completely understand, no hard feelings.





Bitch.

No comments: