Tuesday, December 21, 2010

tooth and nail

I’m rather proud of myself today. I made it through yesterday, which was no small task. I’m glad it’s behind me. I’m also proud of how I held myself to the grindstone yesterday. I torn through the second half of the fantasy novel and finished the editing. I even sent off a query email to the editor who turned me down before. I haven’t heard back from him, and since he wrote back within five minutes last time, I’m not sure how to take that. I will give him till after Christmas until I look at other options. It was the easier of the two books to edit, this other will take much more time than just a day, but I still think I can get it done in the next week or so and send off a few more queries.
It’s funny how our minds do so much to hinder us, there were a few times yesterday where I had to literally force myself to stay seated, stay in the coffee shop, stay in front of my computer. Part of what helped yesterday was exactly what was hurting too. I don’t have control over HWMNBN, my family situations, even my depression, and while I can’t control how people respond to my writing, I can control my effort. I can knock on every door until every single person I can find has turned me down. I can submit and submit until they issue restraining orders. I can’t control my other dreams, my other passions, but at least I can fight for this one with everything in me.
So, I’m off. Off to continue fighting from my seat at the coffee shop!

No comments: