Thursday, December 30, 2010

free gaydar

A very good-looking man let me steal his seat from him at the coffee shop this morning. As I sat down the three girls at the two tables next to me started discussing if the man was gay or not. They were having a very serious debate about it. I couldn’t help laughing out loud—not one of my more stealthy eavesdropping moments. They then turned to me and asked if he was or not. I guess it shows the state of my mind that I had to tell them I hadn’t been paying enough attention to tell. Since when do I see a hot man and not try to determine if he’s gay or not? Although, to be truthful, I usually go under the assumption that if they are in my coffee shop, they probably are—and assumption that could get me in a lot of trouble when I get to some of my other moods.
I’ve been hearing a lot about a new law or ordinance or something that would allow people in free housing to have wireless internet and such. While I’ve heard a lot about it, I haven’t heard enough specifics to understand if it is a local Denver thing, a state thing, or a national thing. From what I can glean, it seems as if it would be a tax to provide this service. It’s one of those times when I have to embrace my right-wing roots. I understand everyone wanting internet and such, but come on! Free housing, free food, free internet. No one is paying anything for those of us that work full time. Or those of us that work two or more jobs and still can’t pay all our bills and such. In fact, they’re foreclosing on us! Drives me crazy! And while I would love to not have bills and have to pay for anything, I also don’t want anyone paying it for me! I hate paying bills, and I have a lot of insecurity around my inability to get ahead financially, but I sure as fuck don’t want someone else to do it for me. I want to succeed or fail due to me. I’m tired of paying for people who don’t want the same.
Speaking of such, in terms of coming to grips that I won’t be able to buy a single family home, or get away from the duplex I love so much but have way too many HWMNBN memories, I have decided to make my office a little closer to my dream library office. I will do this by painting two of the walls a luxurious chocolate brown. Not sure when I will buy the paint or do it, but I’m rather excited. I wonder if there’s a group that would sponsor this necessity of life, and paint it for me too while they’re at it.

No comments: