Friday, February 18, 2011

gleeful

After a rotten week, work meetings yesterday, and a late massage, I fell asleep at 9:30, which is very rare. Slept for almost nine hours. It was wonderful, but I feel like I could have slept for another nine. It was dreamless, so that was an extra added blessing.
Both books are up on Amazon and CreateSpace again, I’m glad that little glitch is over. I can now start working on some small advertising things locally. We will see if anything comes from it. Both books have two reviews each right now, which is great—I hope for a ton more, that’s the only way (unless I sell thousands, right…) that they will generate any attention. I’ve been so focused on trying to get them on-line once more, trying my scheme to raise the money for the magazine ad on Kickstarter.com (so not gonna happen), get the bff’s scrapbook done, and trying to simply function, that I haven’t been able to submit to publishers or agents in a bit (I’ve gotten two more rejections letters thus far), so that is part of the plan for this weekend.
I’m spending Monday with MD, partly for fun, partly because she’s so worried about me (which is so sweet, but I don’t like being that person)—that will be really nice and low-key. Hopefully we don’t have to talk too deeply for too long, really don’t wanna cry anymore. We’re also gonna see ‘I Am Number Four.’ I’m a little too excited about that. For once I’m more excited about the female lead. Diana Agron, from Glee! Who is my favorite character, even though she’s kinda a cheating bitch. While I’ve never cheated on someone, I can be bitch.
Okay, done for now.

1 comment:

Cheeseburgers and Pajamas said...

Brandon, thank you for sharing your ups and downs on this blog... You are an amazing person. I know you will get your books picked up by a publisher. Just remember: timing is everything. I find that to be true the older I get. Anyway, today I "planned" to run away from home for the day (I know it sounds stupid). I scheduled time off from work etc. Before I could start my adventure, I had to unload and load the dishwasher, change the puppies potty pads (yuck)and make a grocery list. I'm exhausted! So, now I will get it together and take off for a while. Maybe I shouldn't have planned this out and just did it (LOL).