Wednesday, June 10, 2009

the gift

I have to give thanks. A few weeks ago, Mom told me that she had to go in for a mammogram. She was a few years over due. After all that has happened to both me and my family over the past few months, I just had a sinking feeling. It felt like everything that could go wrong was going to go wrong. Sure enough, after she got her appointment, they told her they would send her the results. She waited and waited. Finally, she called. They said they had already sent the results and they must have gotten lost in the mail. However, because people make so much sense, they said they could not give her the results on the phone. Finally, today, the results came in. Everything was fine, no sign of cancer. It was an answer to prayer. I had been praying like crazy, but had been having a hard time believing. I was expecting another blow, another rip through my heart. Someone who loves me that would have to leave me. I wish I could say I hadn’t doubted, but I can’t. However, I can say that God answered prayer in spite of my doubt. There is not enough gratitude in the world to say how thankful I am.

No comments: