Thursday, June 04, 2009

though you slay me i will trust you

I just had the shortest, most painless tattoo session of my life. I find this rather hilarious. It’s the only tattoo I have representing pain, and it hurt the least. Hopefully that’s a good omen, or maybe it was just a break. Once she got started (again, if you want a tattoo, go to her: Peter Tat-2; Jessica, she’s awesome), it only took half an hour. It is bigger than I originally wanted, but I am very happy with it. Actually, I am thrilled with it. I had an interesting evening last night, one I might blog about later, maybe not, it was rather personal, but I woke up and was unsure about the tattoo and everything else. However, it has been something I have been sure about for years, so I prayed about it (yes, I prayed about getting a tattoo), and I am thrilled I got it. I used half the money that Chad gave me for my birthday (otherwise I couldn’t afford it). It seemed appropriate that it came from him. That tattoo is not about him, but is about pain and somehow trusting God through it. “though you slay me i will trust you” It is about the death of my grandmother, my battle through and accepting my homosexuality and God’s love, about Chad, and a reminder to hold on (both now and in future times of hurt).

1 comment:

Bob said...

Hey Dude,

So I just left you a message on connexion. Hope you get it.

Bob