Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wedding Cake and Envy

Let’s talk about how going to a wedding isn’t a good idea when the person you thought you would marry recently left you. I guess that should have been a thought since it was a WEDDING! I can’t be accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed. I handled it better than I could have, I suppose. I didn’t cry or get overtly bitter. It was great to see my cousin get married and I look forward to getting married one day myself. Of course, I hope it will be to Chad (I will wait to continue for you to get off of the floor laughing. . . go ahead, I will wait. . . ) or someone who actually thinks I’m worth sticking around for. While I did handle stuff pretty good, I am rather depressed (no, me, surely not!). Waking up from naps in the car was really unfun. I’m not sure why naps bring on the dreams and sadness so much. Either way, I am so glad I missed pride. I couldn’t have handled it. Of course, I woke up to a message from a friend saying how they saw Chad in the parade and that he was drunk. I guess that message was supposed to make me say, ‘well, obviously I’m better off.’ It didn’t. How else would he be during pride? What about the other seventy-five percent of the gay population that were doing the exact same thing? I already know alcohol is more important than me. I don’t need messages reminding me. Thanks. Good intentions. . . . .

On a good note, I had three pieces of wedding cake. (I love wedding cake! I know, I am so full of surprises tonight.) On a bad note, it is going to take me a week to recover from the diet of the past three days. I never, ever eat junk food (such as chips and processed snacks) and I have lived off of them. Not to mention three meals in a row of barbeque. Well, enough negativity for today. That’s right, you’ll have to wait for your daily does of blah and cynicism for another time.

1 comment:

Geoffwah said...

I've often said that a good wedding cake makes up for the fact that you've had to endure another solo trip to somebody else's nuptials.

Or maybe I just made that up. But it's no less true. I'm not sure that you waiting for Chad warrants unbridled laughter, really. I just wish there were more any of us could do.

Take care of you, sunshine :)

-geoffreydean