Monday, February 08, 2010

The Only Woman to Have My Heart (besides my mom)

I’ve always sworn that I wouldn’t put pictures on this blog. It is only an ode to the written word, nothing that can’t be expressed in letters would ever go on here. I’ve almost broken that several times. Pictures of him and I that I treasure. Pictures of my nephew. Etc. I am sure it will come as no surprise to anyone that the picture that finally makes it on the blog is of Ariel. I’ve seen many different renderings of her in human flesh, all of them pretty but not her. I’ve finally found her. The real her. How I’ve always seen her in my mind. The painting is by Meirou, on Deviant Art. You can find a lot of my stuff there as well, stuff just for fun. Here is the link to Meirou’s representation of Ariel, check her out: http://meirou.deviantart.com/art/Ariel-and-Flounder-120588501

I’ve been utterly captivated by this painting, I can’t stop gazing at her.

No comments: