Saturday, March 05, 2011

and they call it puppy love

Dolan has a waist again! Sadly, I think losing some weight may have given him more energy. I’m not sure how that is even possible. In addition, I’m fairly certain there is a correlation between intelligence and weight. I swear, the more weight Dolan has lost, the greater his retardation has become. I love that dumb dog, but there is hardly an hour that goes by that I don’t look at him in bafflement and ask, ‘Really?’ He is also so much more hyper and moving even faster than usual (again, shouldn’t be possible), that his feet can’t keep up with his body. About seventy percent of the time, he now falls up the stairs or gets stuck on one step, his front legs gripping a step, his hind legs flailing about on their own volition. While he always has been rough and tumble, he is constantly knocking me off balance as he tears down the steps. If you don’t see any updates on the blog for an unusual amount of time, just assume I’ve been knocked down the stairs, broke my neck, and the adoring kisses of my dogs changed to ravenous as they chow down—completely ruining their diet.

1 comment:

Cheeseburgers and Pajamas said...

What a great enrty! I love it. This good for you (and Dolan).