Wednesday, March 30, 2011

closing the gap

Had my doctor’s appointment. Good news. No more surgery! However, she did say the reason my throat looks like it does is due to them having to cut out twice as much they do for normal people. I knew my tonsils were ridiculous, apparently, it wasn’t all my imagination. Because of their size, they had wrapped around and gone some places they normally wouldn’t/shouldn’t. Therefore, there’s about double amount of surgery/healing area than there typically would be. Over time, the gaps in the meat should rejoin. Until then the list of things I can’t do is extensive—of all varieties…….. ugh. Hope that doesn’t take as long as it seems. They say the flesh should slowly start to grow back together. No matter how long it takes, I’m just glad I won’t have zombie-mummy mouth, even if I don’t show that part of my anatomy off to the public too often. Imagine a picture of that in the tabloids one day! Goodness.
You know? As much as I love to write and need to, between some thoughts about what I hope will happen Friday and simply being exhausted, I don’t have it in me. So, off to read a book. Reading the Underland Chronicles, by Suzanne Collins. Same author that wrote the Hunger Games trilogy. They are for young readers, so not as dark or intense, but still really fun reads. I hope to be half as good of an author as Collins on day…

1 comment:

Scott said...

I feel like I missed an opportunity when I ran into you the other day...but think it would have been awkward and inappropriate to ask to you open your mouth and say "ahhh" just to see the damage and skin flaps on our first meeting.