Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Who Knew?

I got my computer back yesterday. Have to one more adjustment in a week or two that’s pretty intensive, but I’m so glad to have it back. In addition, when my friend was working on it, he kept asking me what was wrong with my internet. I kept saying, “Nothing. This is how it always is…” Turns out, for the past six or so years, I’ve had a faulty modem or whatnot from Comcast. It has been moving slower than dialup and I’ve been paying for whatever the fast connection is called (to say I’m computer illiterate is the understatement of the millennium).
It has changed my world. It used to take over a day to upload a book on tape. It took five minutes. FIVE minutes!!!! Thing after thing after thing. Youtube and its ilk… It would often take me about twenty minutes for each video to load. Now, instantly! It seems everyone else is used to this, as my friend was laughing at my overjoyed reactions. I had no idea. None! Our computers at work are as slow as mine was, so I had no comparison. Man, if I thought I was a computer addict before, there’s gonna be no stoppin’ me now! I feel like I jumped in a time-machine and traveled two-hundred years into the future! It’s awesome! Craziness!
Now I can get rejected by agents even faster! Bwahahahahahahaha!

No comments: