Thursday, March 11, 2010

girls, girls, girls

America’s Next Top Model started again last night, which I didn’t even know was happening. I literally screamed out in joy when I realized what my DVR was recording. Then, of course, the pain of loss came, realizing what this night normally meant.
I shoved it aside, and forced myself to focus on the good. MAKEOVERS!!!
There were two (actually tons, but I’m being selective) moments I had to share that had me gasping for breath as I fell over laughing. Both from the same girl (who, of course, I hate). This girl, in the audition interview, was asked about her thoughts on interracial dating (she is African-American). She said that she doesn’t have a problem with it, except she can’t bring herself to date a white guy for one reason. She wasn’t trying to be funny, she paused awkwardly before continuing. Finally, she just blurted it out. She can’t date a white guy because the idea of a pink penis freaks her out. It looks too much like raw meat! Raw Meat!!! That amount of laughter had to add three years back to my life. No wonder I have just lately discovered of love of Johnsonville Brats.
Later when she was the last to discover that she had made it to the final twelve (later upped to thirteen—ohh, the twists and turns of Tyra), she screamed and screamed and ended up covering her face with her hand. When Tyra walked towards her to congratulate her, the girl waved her away, and muffled beneath her hand, said that she was having a snot problem at the moment!!! (No wonder my throat is sore this morning.) Granted, if Tyra just told me she picked me to be a potential model, I’d be shootin’ snot out my nose too.

No comments: