Thursday, October 21, 2010

warts

We have had a tragedy in Mr. Witt’s classroom. Bellatrix Lestrange has betrayed those who love her. I guess it’s a lesson in how important names are…
In an act of magic, she has disappeared from the terrarium. She is loose somewhere in the school, probably plotting some devious mischief. Wherever I go, I keep my eyes pealed for a little brown fire-belly toad hopping around the school. If she decides to return to those who love and accept her for who she is, she will find her world much changed. Salazar Slytherin, the salamander, Hermione Granger, the water frog, and Narcissa Malfoy, the toad, have been joined by two other fire-bellys: Petunia Dursely, bright green and ridiculously tiny, and Delores Umbridge, large and green and brown spotted. When Bellatrix left, Salazar was on death’s door due to being held by so many dirty little children. I like to think that she sought off on a quest to find some sort of healing potion, but knowing Bellatrix, I doubt it. Salazar has now returned to full health, nearly. We are all much relieved.
I am struggling making it through the work day, I keep finding myself staring into our humid little world and loosing track of time. While I was dreading having to take the damn tank back and forth between home and school on holidays, I now find myself looking forward to having the tank in my kitchen, so that I can spend as much time as I want getting lost in this fascinating little universe.

No comments: