Monday, July 19, 2010

a little bit of this and a little bit of that

I finished watering the lawn, and the skies opened.
As strange as it seems, I kinda love it when that happens. Much preferable than washing your car and then comes the rain, at any rate.
I’ve decided to wake up at eight everyday this week. Then seven next. Then probably six-thirty the next to get ready for school. I woke this morning, unable to believe I felt so rested. I then noticed it was past ten. I’d set my alarm but not turned it on. Welp, maybe tomorrow.
I worked on the novel for hours today. I feel good about it. I really like it. I don’t know if anyone else does or will, but I’m proud of it. My goal was to have the second installment mostly completed by the time school starts. Instead, I will have majority of the revisions finished of the first novel. Nothing like staying on schedule. Hopefully, it will be time well used.
I got asked to another date last night. In a week and a half. Talk about raining and pouring. I’ve always gotten asked out a lot it seems, but rarely by anyone I’d think twice about. Not that I would have even if they were. Now, three in two weeks. Pretty crazy. They say what you put out there is what you get. I don’t fully believe that—we all know I didn’t so much get what I was trying to put out there. Still… maybe somehow me choosing to attempt life again is putting out some sort of energy, calling these things to me. Now I sound like the batty lady I watched on Top Chef while doing cardio this morning. She was waiting to be lead by her spirit guides to tell her what to make. Sadly, she didn’t get cut this week. Luckily, she almost was. Don’t you hate lying spirit guides? Actually, now that I say that out loud (yes, typing counts as speaking) I don’t really wanna go there—a little too close to home.
I got a call from my doctor. She said she got everything she needed, before cancerous cells could begin. So, happy news! Putting it off for a year was stupid, but I just wasn’t able to face it before. I’m thankful God let me have a pass on that one.
Now, off to watch the Bachelorette with my family, and jealously watch as Alli gets the chance that I want.

No comments: