Monday, January 17, 2011

pigskin

A friend of mine posted, “Does no one respect Tom Brady anymore?” on his Facebook page. Being ever so clever, I replied with, “Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.”
Soon, many other people had replied to his post. Several of them saying that Tom Brady is an asshole and no one should respect him. I found this to be odd. True, he might not have been as cool at Greg Brady who was sleeping with Florence Henderson, but I hardly thought that made him an asshole. A little while later, the post began to allude to football (don’t ask me what they were in reference to). Turns out, Tom Brady is also a football player. It seems my friend has an issue with the lack of respect to this football player.
I threw up a little in my mouth when I realized I had commented on a football post. Gag me with a spoon. Like, for reals!
On the way into the coffee shop, this rather large man came out of his home, heading to his car, which he seemed to be unloading into his home. He gave me a once over, then asked me if I played football. I laughed (probably a little too hysterically) and said no over my shoulder as I walked away. He yelled out after me that I look like I should be, grunted, and said he was jealous. Not really sure if he was coming on to me, trying to get him to help him move, or just being a dumb straight guy.
Actually, just looked up who the new Tom Brady is. And the answer is a resounding, “Yes! He has every ounce of my respect—and everything else. Goodness!”

1 comment:

Geoffwah said...

He wanted you bad! For being such a butch sport, football has some of THE gayest terminology ever. Tight end? Wide receiver? Come on...