Thursday, May 21, 2009

Potter Therapy

Of course going to bed last night was a torment, no shock there. The one blessing in that is how much better I sleep when I actually am able to shut everything out or at least pass out in the middle of it. Heart break is the best weight loss program (I’ve lost twenty pounds so far) and weeping is the best sleeping pill, even if you do wake up aching.
I started re-listening to the Harry Potter series this week (for the sixth or seventh time). The Harry Potter obsession was something Chad and I shared equally, we already have ‘date’ planned to go see the next movie installment together. There is something healing about those books to me, more than any others. It is so nice to go back and visit that world and my friends there. I really should send a check to Rowlings for inexpensive therapy. (Which I think I may need to check into the expensive kind for a bit as well.) Speaking a strange types of therapy, I have decided to get a new tattoo (not the finishing of the sleeve on my right arm, that will happen in when, if, I get published), one I have known I would get for years, the timing was never right. The time is right. Actually, the time is vital. It is my favorite Bible verse, from Job, of course, which I want on my left forearm. So, if you have extra money in your couch cushions, feel free to add to the continuing fund to make Brandon look even more white trash. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which verse is that?

Brandon said...

Job 13:15
Though He slay me, yet I will trust in him. . .

I will alter it to say

Though You slay me I will trust You

I want it to be directed to Him, not just about Him.