Friday, May 15, 2009

your gifts to me

pain

my arms and love were not enough to hold you
my lover and best friend ran away
my dreams of our future were crushed and crumbled


confusion

you said you love me more than i
you are my safety and my home
you found me lacking yet said there was no other


aching

to see you laugh and love life without me
to know your life went on without pause
to see the love in your eyes and yet turn away


love

never knew life could be so full of joy
never knew i could love someone so beautiful
never knew what i didn't have until you


thankfulness

for the moments we walked together
for the happiness i never knew existed
for the honor of holding you even for a little while


hopefulness

you find what you seek even if it is not i
i can still love and not break
we continue our path together

No comments: