Saturday, May 23, 2009

You

You made me love you for your laugh

For your smile

For your ease


You made me want you with your heart

With your patience

With you humor


You asked me to stay when I tried to go

When I gave into fear

When I couldn’t give my heart


You waited for me to see the real you

See the real me with you

See how life would be


You gently took me into your arms

Took my lips with yours

Took my hand into your hand


You opened yourself to a life with me

To moving in

To growing together


You slowly made each day a little better

A little more safe

A little more real


You taught me what it is to love completely

To love through the risk

To love without end


You helped me start to build a home

Build a life

Build a family


You showed me a world I didn’t know

World of contentment

World of wonders


You dropped my hand in the middle of the walk

In the middle of a kiss

In the middle of our beginning


You walked away with plans left unfinished

Plans left waiting

Plans left to be made


You chose over me a life of easy come easy go

A life of late nights and blurry eyes

A life with no one waiting at home


You taught me that I didn’t know pain

I didn’t know rejection

I didn’t know love unanswered


You look at me and don’t want to come back

Don’t want to hold me

Don’t want me


You left me without understanding

Without your hand to hold

Without my best friend


You remain the man I love

The hope for tomorrow

The reason for my tears


You deserve to know you are loved

Know you are capable

Know you are a man


You will always be loved by me

Be respected by me

Be vital in my life


You may never return but you were here

You were you

You were loved


You are the best gift I have ever been given

The most pain I have ever endured

The reason I know love


You are so much more than you know you are

More than you can imagine

More than you think you can be


You are . . .

No comments: